AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Indianapolis the only place around to audition speakers (that I know of) is Ovation. Are there any others in Indy? I occasionally take trips to neighboring states so if there are any stores in those areas that are must visits please let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was going to say Ovation when I read the title. That is where I went to listen to Klipsch and Paradigm. Sorry I'm of no help.

I went with the Klipsch RS 62 II. I liked the sound better and it helped they are cheaper.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybrian /forum/post/19559747

I was going to say Ovation when I read the title. That is where I went to listen to Klipsch and Paradigm. Sorry I'm of no help.

I went with the Klipsch RS 62 II. I liked the sound better and it helped they are cheaper.

You are helping. I've been to Ovation a few times and didn't care for the sound of the Klipsch horns. The high end was too harsh for my ears. However, I never checked out the Klipsch RS 62 II. I'll do that the next time I stop by as I may end up being surprised.

For the most part I like soft dome and CMMD tweeters and would like to hear things other than paradigm in a quiet room (Best Buy listening room isn't exactly quiet...)

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
I thought their was a high end audio store in INDY.They sold Vandersteens and others.I know their is a Highend audio store in Cinci on th'e KY side that sells Magnapans.I live in Louisville and their is nothing.Used to have a few Ovation was the last and they folded.SAD

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I live in Cincinnati and there are some decent places but I would think Indy would have just as many if not more. The only true "high end" store is audible elegance but I am not crazy about their customer experience. Alamo electronics and Ohio Valley audio are both pretty good as well.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I just read somewhere here where Hanson A/V in Dayton had lots of selections on hand to demo. www.hansonav.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a high-end place in Broad Ripple that carries PSB, Martin Logan, B&W, Dynaudio, and others. I've never been there, but I'm planning to stop by some time this week to listen to some PSB's.

Audio Solutions

6371 N. Gulford Avenue

Indianapolis IN 46220

USA 317-255-4434
http://www.theaudiosolutions.com

·
Registered
573 Posts
We are in Naperville, IL which isn't too far away. We have Paradigm, Focal, and BG on display, with Golden Ear to come very shortly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.