AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking online for a projector and ive noticed that some stores such as projectorpeople charge a 12.5% return fee if im not satisfied. Are there any other online vendors that have a more favorable return policy? That is a big chunk of change if I dont like the way the unit performs when I get it home. By the way im looking at the Toshiba MT7.

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
 http://[email protected] has bent over backwards to make me happy. They have good prices, a wide selection, good advice and very liberal return and upgrade policies. You can just call them up too.(800)667-6147 ext 210.

------------------

Joe

My current idea of the best value:

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

Da-Lite 100" 4:3 1.3gain

Studio Experience SE616's

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Come on guys..

Take a look at where you are.. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

The folks here are providing a free service for all of us to share info, the least we can do is purchase our equipment from them, or at the very least, give them a legitimate shot at getting our business.

I recommend AVS Systems, they are terrific to deal with!!

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

-- Cain

[This message has been edited by Cain (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
It just came to me that it's funny how I must view the net. It never crosses my mind who is providing the forum. It's like I'm entitled to shoot my mouth off. I guess I have mixed feelings. On one hand I'm taking advantage of their service, and on the other, it is meant to be public, and probably here to promote the entire industry so that it will get off the gound even faster. It's kind of bizzare that I've never delt with AVS. It's probably because I found this forum while searching on Google for information on projectors and started right in reading and posting about a year ago, staying at the forum level and never going to the links or the home page. I guess I've never even explored most of the AVS sight to see what they offer. I guess I will now, at least partially out of guilt. Sorry I've been so dense.

------------------

Joe

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
Come on guys..

I recommend AVS Systems, they are terrific to deal with!!
I agree!

I have had nothing but good experiences with AVS. Alan in particular was very responsive in helping me deal with upgrades of the Crystal Image scaler I purchased from AVS. While I don't always buy from them, I make it a habbit to look first to see if they are offereing what I am interested in purchasing. Also, I NEVER mention or quote prices from other AV dealers here in the forum. To me that is kind of like going to a party at someone's house and telling the other guests that there is a better party down the street and they should go there. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I respect the patience the forum owners showed during the whole Dell feeding frenzy. I thought the whole thing could have been handled with a little more restraint. I remember when similar deals popped up last year for the DL450, which I eventually bought, and I thought in that case the whole thing was largely handled through e-mails between interested parties with an absolute minimum of clogging the forum with posts about other vendors. I know this view will be somewhat unpopular, but I hope it will cause some people to behave with a little more respect for out hosts next time something like this comes along.

This forum is by far the best resource for information about front projection hometheater for the hands-on DIY type of enthusiast. While most forums are bogged down in endless and tiresome fights about DTS vs. Dolby Digital and how much better keep cases are than snappers, AVS provides valuable and practical knowledge from enthusiastic home theater hobbyists who also happen to often be technically sophisticated professionals.

I for one try to always remember who is providing this unique meeting place. I am not advocating that this become the AVS cheerleader forum, but I do think it is just bad form to push the services of other AV dealers using the forum provided by our hosts.

[This message has been edited by Jim Tittle (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
SEE, now I feel worse.

------------------

Joe

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JHouse:
SEE, now I feel worse.
Joe, my comments were not directed at you. I think you responded in the appropriate way when reminded that our hosts are AV dealers.

So please don't suffer any massive guilt on account of my remarks. However, if you have any other sins you need to confess please feel free to unburden yourself http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jim Tittle (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Well there was this one time at Scout Camp ....

------------------

Joe

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would have blindly responded in a similar manner as Joe did, it just did not occur to me to even think about our AVS sponsors. There again my natural reaction would have been to recommend the people I bought my projector from provided I am happy with the service.

I would like to re-iterate that this is a great forum and we should do our best to support our sponsers. We somehow need to continuously remind ourselves with posts similar to this one.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.