AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what is the best place to buy cables online? I'm looking for the lowest prices on quality optical digital, coax digital, BNC-RCA and VGA-RCA component cables. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hi,

I don't think they have optical cables, but Blue Jean Cables can make up your other cables at very reasonable prices. They are high quality cables that are a fraction of the cost which you would pay elsewhere.

Don

·
Registered
193 Posts
eBay..........

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll second the Blue Jeans endorsement. I bought almost all of my cables from them and have been very satisfied with the quality and price.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll put my vote in for Lindy.com

I found long DVI cables much cheaper than anywhere else.

And you can call & talk directly to them. Very knowledgable.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I love BlueJeansCable too. I've also used our sponsor BetterCables (via the link above).

·
Registered
181 Posts
avcable.com should have just about everything you need. Their prices are low and the cables (Gepco)are as good as any other broadcast cables.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ill chime in for bluejeans cables, Ive bought from them several times now and I think they have the best price for quality. Fast service too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought my home theater cables from Cobalt Cables and had excellent results. I needed a three-meter DVI and composite video cables, and their's were half the price of Monster.

I also bought digital coax and fiber optic cables from them, as well as pairs of stereo cables, a combined audio pair and S-video cable, and a six-cable bundle to hook up the discrete analog outputs of my SACD player to my Denon receiver. I also bought a subwoofer cable from them, but I think that is probably overkill.

Their delivery was fast and the cables seem very well made and nicely packaged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hometheaterguy
http://www.ramelectronics.net/ AVS sponsor, quality cables with reasonable prices.
RAM is the best!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Seem nice. I think I will buy from them...AVS sponsor and all..:)

I need component vid, stereo audio, digital audio, stero audio+video...

Questions for the gang - looking for feedback on bang for the buck and any usage experience.

1) Seems COAX digital audio is preferred over TOSLINK...comments?

2) For component, RAM has an all in one cable here - scroll down and just below that, slightly more expensive FAT cables...any thoughts as to which is better - likely not noticeable I imagine and the narrower all-in-one seems easier to run with...6 foot lengths are what I am getting.

3) For dig audio, they have these - scroll down . The silver conductor ones are about 50% more than the ones below them...worth the diff or just get the cheaper ones?

4) For RCA stero audio, they have some 6 footers at 15, some at 9 - thoughts? Link

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MMLLUU
RAM is the best!!!
i ordered exactly what you were looking for. a vga-bnc component cable, a component cable, and a couple of higher quality of s-video cables. i did the blind test on my wife and she asked me if i did anything, cause everything looked better.... and their prices were reasonable. i cant say that for bluejeans and bettercables.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cool. Thx man I will order tonight.

BTW, like your username - that is one of my favorite things to use as a "term of affection" for co-workers. Is it a ref to the Battlefield Earth source for the name? Just curious :)

Not a bad book, truly awful movie though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.