AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Australia (similar dollar value as Canada) and after much searching I can only find a couple of places that are prepared to export to Australia. :(

Can anyone recommend a good supplier of Region 1 DVDs please? Or even an inexpensive exporter from America (where the dollar is too strong compared to ours). Thanks

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Don't know if they are cheap or not but I've bought from www.dvdboxoffice.com

Think they are couple of dollars more expensive then most, but the shipping is included no matter how much you order or were you live.

None of the DVD's I've bought has been "cought" at customs so it's been fairly cheap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The guys at http://www.dv-depot.com offer great service and are highly accessible -- that is, they have their own online forum where you can ask them questions and address any issues. They may not offer the lowest prices but what I really like about them is that they're not as, for want of a better word, "corporate" as some other places I've ordered from.

TinMan368

Rimmer: They used to call me "Ace" in school.

Lister: Are you sure it wasn't "Acehole"?

- from the Red Dwarf episode "Kryten"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just get mine from Amazon.ca, but I don't know how they compare with others. I order my DVD's get express delivery they upgrade me to better deliver and 4 days latter in the land of Oz i'm a happy dvd watching man.

Also just if you didn't know, make sure your oder comes in under $250AUD including shipping and packing or you will be hit with GST and other charges(And not just the part over $250 but all of it) If you get it shiped though the post service, and "only" the postal service you can get upto $1000AUD dollars worth of stuff, I think. But my memory is a bit sketchy on that. I definatly know if you get it sent by the mail you can get more in value without incuring charges.

Anyway I've been happy with Amazon.ca, but let us know how the other places prices and service are, might need to change my supplyer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again - the sites listed here are very variable - the total price including postage depends on the DVDs purchased. The same DVDs with free postage can sometimes actually cost more than another site that you have to pay postage... There isn't a clear winner as yet :)

But it seems the Canadians are the way to go... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.