AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll definitely try some of those out. Thanks!

Looks like conventional artists (Dave Mathes, U2, etc) aren't sold there. Anyone know where one can get one of those in lossless? Besides buying a CD of course.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacki /forum/post/19630471

I'll definitely try some of those out. Thanks!

Looks like conventional artists (Dave Mathes, U2, etc) aren't sold there. Anyone know where one can get one of those in lossless? Besides buying a CD of course.

You nailed it. I would suggest Best Buy or Fry's.

·
Registered
412 Posts
From some searching it seems that some artists release their material in FLAC format, but it may only be available directly from their websites. Check the site

http://flac.sourceforge.net

for more information and several artists who are available in FLAC.

DO NOT buy from allflac.com, it has to be a scam given the wide selection and the ridiculously low prices. Something tells me you would have some serious credit or identity issues if you purchased from that site.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Mainstream DVD-A production ceaced a couple of years ago, but about once a year a special edition of some classic album comes out with a DVD-A side. It's rare, but still happens. (Fortunately, any plant that can stamp a DVD video and also stamp a DVD-A.)

I was never into SACD, but a friend of mine who was tells me that the last SACD stamping plant in the USofA was closed down last year. You may still be able to get some from Europe or Asia, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's best to consider both formats dead, and be delighted if anything new ever shows up.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.