AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Try www.a1components.com . They have a 7778 for $40, but I just bought a Winegard 8700 (from them) for $35 instead. BTW, their website isn't quite finished, but you can still put everything in your basket then email them with your phone number and they will call you to complete the order.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Got a 7777 from www.solidsignal.com, ordered a 7775 (UHF), and they sent me a 7777 (UHF/VHF) at no extra cost since they were out of the 7775. (The 7777 is a good deal, since if you want VHF later, you have it, and you can turn off the VHF part of the amp now.)

Always had good service from them!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SolidSignal
Channel Master is still telling us End of January!
Probably the difference between what retailers are hearing as a ship date for their backorders and what customers are hearing for availability of the product once it reaches the store, with a few days of fudge factors thrown in so nobody gets uppity.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been waiting for the CM 7775 for over a month now, nobody has it! Why is it so hard for CM to turns these things out if there's a demand for them...makes no business sense to me.

Tony

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SolidSignal
Channel Master has changed the date 4 times.

This is just the latest info!

The end of January means next week. Do you expect to have the Channel Master 7777 by the end of next week ?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
How does the Winegard 8725 compare to the Channel Master 7777 ? Is it a comparable preamp ? I see the specs are similar yet most people use the Channel Master. Is there a reason for this ? If anyone can provide me with the pros and cons of the 8725 vs. 7777 I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott G
How does the Winegard 8725 compare to the Channel Master 7777 ? Is it a comparable preamp ? I see the specs are similar yet most people use the Channel Master. Is there a reason for this ? If anyone can provide me with the pros and cons of the 8725 vs. 7777 I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott
I'm using a Winegard AP-4800 with my CM 4248 antenna. I live almost 80 miles from Mt. Wilson (LA). I'm getting 13 DT stations from LA, most at 100% ss on my Samsung STB. I'd say the Winegard is performing excellently.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Or you can do it like I did:

Go to Channel Master's website and get the list of retailers/distributors in your state and others close by. Start calling and ask for that product&price. Some will have them. I found a chain in Pa. Amish country that had the CM7777 in stock (in December) with a $55 price tag + shipping. YMMV, though.

Andy

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by atsml
Or you can do it like I did:

Go to Channel Master's website and get the list of retailers/distributors in your state and others close by. Start calling and ask for that product&price. Some will have them. I found a chain in Pa. Amish country that had the CM7777 in stock (in December) with a $55 price tag + shipping. YMMV, though.

Andy
I guess the Amish just don't appreciate HDTV as much as the rest of us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.