AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of Def Tech 8040s after hearing them at Best Buy today but not sure where to get them. I don't have any authorized dealers (other than Best Buy) closer than an hour and a half away so before I take a ride I'd like to get your opinions first. I asked the Magnolia rep if the prices were negotiable and he told me they were not unfortunately. Will authorized dealers be able to go under MSRP if I go in store? Over the phone they said they could not give me a quote unless I came in. Also, do many of these places offer financing? Best Buy's 12 month no interest financing is quite a nice deal.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Depends on the dealer. I got a 25% discount over list price but that was for the BP7000SC, which was DefTech's flagship speaker at the time. They probably offered financing but that was probably at the going rate of around 22%. I just paid some in cash and the rest on my CC.

I've had the BestBuy CC since they opened a store in my area in the 1990's. I've bought a ton of stuff there, including a lot of movies, some major appliances, TWO HDTV's, two tablets, cables, computer parts, etc and HAVE NOT paid a DIME in interest charges. The charges on something like the DefTech 8040 package will probably total $200 to $300. I'd say buy at BestBuy if the price on Amazon comes within that range of savings. Just make sure you can pay the balance off in 10 months just to make sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts