AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello with these great deals going on i am asking you all what is the best plasma screen (42 or 50) for my RCA DTC 100 Directv hd receiver. I currently use the mini d sub 15 pin out put into my pioneer 53 hdtv (non elite). My current mindset is

1. Pioneer 433 CMX

1a. Pioneer 50 incher

2. Panasonic 42 incher HD

2a Panasonic 42 incher ED

3. Fujitsu 42

4. Samsung 42 ed and 50 hd (dell)

I want to utilize my cable which is mini d sub to min d sub. It cost lots and lots so i dont want to replace it. Which monitor lads? thanks

Gene

Manchester United So close to the title!!

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Gene, I think you're sort of working backwards on this. You generally shouldn't buy a plasma based on the type of receiver you have but rather buy a receiver FOR the plasma. With that said, if memory serves me, the Panny models don't generally accept VGA video. They were really designed for computer VGA. That may have changed by now. The new Fujitsu 42" ED model is based on the Panny glass and does accept VGA video as do the Pioneers. You can also use a transcoder to convert your RCAs VGA to component video and then you'll have the option of using virtually any plasma you like.

What you should be doing is looking at all the plasmas you think you might be interested in and deciding which looks best to you. THAT is the way you should ultimately pick the plasma you want. I'm sure you can mate your RCA with virtually anything on the market. However, let me also tell you that having had the RCA DTC100 and then the Zenith DTV1080 and now the Sony HD200, the newer receivers are significantly better than the RCA from both a PQ standpoint as well as a functionality standpoint.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice.. About the dtc 100 almost every extreme hometheater that i see in AV interiors or Home theater mag utilize the DTC 100. These folks have spent literally thousands and thousands and they chose the DTC 100.. You are prob right about them being better but i have never hearrd anything good about the sonys' in the past. i will give a look as i can always use the dtc 100 with the my rpg in the kids playroom. thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.