AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

In the market for a new TV.. I own an older Panny plasma (s20 i believe) in my basement and love it, but I cannot find a Panny ST60 anywhere now. So, is there a next best thing? I have looked into the Samsung f8500 but cannot see dropping 1800+ on that. Is the Samsung f5500 the next best option ( around 850)?

Should I just ditch plasma and get some Sony LED to hold me over til the 4Ks , OLEDs become affordable?

This will go in a room with some windows and possible afternoon glare. Not really for gaming. Mostly movies and sports. Looking for around a 50in-ish.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Not too many options left. You may want to consider a Samsung F8500 plasma. if you contact Chris at Cleveland Plasma, he can cut you a good deal, as he has them on sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, my old one is the G20. not that is matters.

Yea, I figured not a lot of great options right now. I'd hate to jump to a LED. I still may look into the f8500 though, and I would consider if it goes under 1500 ish.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhannah34  /t/1524054/best-plasma-option-besides-a-panny-st60#post_24523080

Actually, my old one is the G20. not that is matters.

Yea, I figured not a lot of great options right now. I'd hate to jump to a LED. I still may look into the f8500 though, and I would consider if it goes under 1500 ish.

Have you checked out the new H5000 Samsung? I've only seen one review of it but apparently it's pretty good if you are in a dark room environment. What's appealing to me about it is that it has no 3D or Smart features, which I have zero use for. At 64" for $1,400, it seems like a pretty great deal and probably among the best in that price point / size.

Has anyone at AVS reviewed the set yet?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
He stated:
Quote:
This will go in a room with some windows and possible afternoon glare.
so I'm assuming he'd want some sort of filter. I don't believe the H5000 has a filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts