AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sanyo Z4 LCD projector (720p best res) with an 84" screen currently being fed by a Marantz DV6600. My amp is a Yamaha RX-V1600 which whilst a good amp will not decode the latest formats, although it will do HDMI pasthrough switching.

I have decided the time has come to upgrade to blu-ray and have a choice of 4 players on my shortlist

Panasonic DMP-BD35 and the 55

Sony BDP-S350 and the 550

I have the chance to demo the Panasonic players at home before I choose but not the sony's. My understanding is that the PQ on all players is going to be the same so unless someone tells me otherwise the decision is purely down to SQ. Either I connect via co-ax (the same as now) or go for 6.1 analogue connections which will bypass all the DSP settings and speaker set up I currently have on my amp. The killer question is are the new sound formats worth the extra cash and is my synposis above correct.

Thanks in advance

Richard

·
Premium Member
26,231 Posts
Please use this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=969206

Topics like new sound formats have numerous threads discussing them. Use advance search, title search only, limit search words to one or two. Don't forget to search the BR software forum too.

If you have questions about specific player/model, we've set up the forum with a master/owners thread for all the popluar players. You'll want to use that player's master thread to post questions or comments.

Thanks

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.