AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess i'll be that guy to ask this...which has probably been answered

What is the best player? I'm looking to spend around... 350 or less

I have a 1080P LCD with onkyo surround sound.

I'm in it for the long haul, so quality is important, I don't want a cheap piece of crap.

Thanks for you input

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The ONLY current player that fits your price range is the Samsung 1400, which has proven to be a bit buggy, and is profile 1.0 player.

Best bet is to cough up another $50 and get a PS3.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really didn't want to use a ps3 as a blue ray player... I don't mind buying open boxed items for a tad cheaper either. I def don't want a "buggy" device though

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse /forum/post/13003611

Is there a true BD player that doesnt have some sory if bug?

Well you know what I mean... I'm not up with all the Blue-ray lingo yet though, I just know I want one. What is the LFE problem?

Edit: How is the Panasonic DMP-BD30K???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Personally I think that if you do not need the latest, greatest right now look at a used Samsung BD-P1000. It is a little slower than the 1200 or 1400 but it seems to be better supported. I bought one for $140 here on AVS and after an update it has been great.

Maybe the next round of players will have better support and the updated HDMI profiles.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofice /forum/post/13003472

I guess i'll be that guy to ask this...which has probably been answered

What is the best player? I'm looking to spend around... 350 or less

I have a 1080P LCD with onkyo surround sound.

I'm in it for the long haul, so quality is important, I don't want a cheap piece of crap.

Thanks for you input

Wait to see how the upcoming Panasonic BD50 turns out (May-June), it has the potential to be the best value standalone to date, but then again it might also have the LFE bug that the BD30 has. So wait for reviews on it if you can be patient. Apparently it will be less than $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts