AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister is in the market for a 27" flat-screen TV. Her budget is very tight. What is the best bang-for-buck in the $300 plus/minus range?

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
Avoid the temptation to go for an Apex 27" flat at all costs. Yes, it looks good in the store, but they are the company that originated "disposable" electronics.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Samsung has a new 27'' out that looks good. You can find it on Bestbuys website. They actually have two 27'' flat screens. The one I am referring to is silver in color, it is the new model. I believe it does 16:9 compression as well. The Toshibas don't. It really makes a big difference on DVDs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Sammy looks like the best deal in this price range.The other brands are going to be at least $100.00 more. Sam's Club sells a clone of the Sammy cheap too!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I took a chance and bought a Prima Q2716, and have been quite happy with it (so far 2 months) website www.primaamerica.com The pic is nice, and has features such as component input. I paid the equivalant to $270.00 USD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sam's Club carries the AIWA badged Samsung TV's. They are great sets and very inexpensive. I purchased a 27' flat screen (800 lines of resolution) for $350 a year ago and it still is the best non HD picture I have seen. The price varies between $350 and $380.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Smilinpete
Sam's Club carries the AIWA badged Samsung TV's. They are great sets and very inexpensive. I purchased a 27' flat screen (800 lines of resolution) for $350 a year ago and it still is the best non HD picture I have seen. The price varies between $350 and $380.
Hmmm, just went there and they had no Samsung TV's in the 27" range. I'll search elsewhere. Do you know the model number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.