AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about where your favorite sites are to check out reviews on HD DVD's. I'm interested in maybe picking up some older titles, but want to make sure it's worth it - quality wise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Highdefdigest.com

and there are some good threads on avs here that talk about PQ/AQ as well as problems like DNR, EE, banding and the works.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflip1080 /forum/post/12931296

Highdefdigest.com

My favorite as well. Followed by dvdtown.

·
Registered
318 Posts

and there are some good threads on avs here that talk about PQ/AQ
Quote:
not really

unless you like fighting

well i like these threads

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=937873

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=942015

and on the latter thread there can be some dicussion on what movie should be in what tier, but i wouldn't say fighting. there are sometimes several reviews for each movie so you can get a few different takes.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflip1080 /forum/post/12931296

Highdefdigest.com

and there are some good threads on avs here that talk about PQ/AQ as well as problems like DNR, EE, banding and the works.

Highdefdigest.com is one of the worst. Let's not forget "March of the Penguins" was 4.5/5 PQ.

R-i-g-h-t.

I couldn't disagree more with Mr. Bracke. However, ***************.com is a great site!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
 www.***************.com

They review using high quality 1080p front projectors and you can ask them questions about their reviews.

Tom

·
Registered
7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan /forum/post/12938411

www.***************.com

They review using high quality 1080p front projectors and you can ask them questions about their reviews.

Tom

From all the reviewers at HTS, thanks Tom!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joon TV /forum/post/12939235

Thanks for the link to ***************, nice site. Good reviews.

Thanks Joon.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
If Paramount wanted to see a significant increase in HD-DVD sales, they have quite a few A-list titles in their catalog that HD-DVD owner's(many being members here)have been asking for time after time that would sell extremely well if published.Titanic,The Ten Commandments,Forrest Gump,The Godfather,Gladiator,The Star Trek Movies(#1,2,3 and 7 in particular)are just a handful of titles(non Spielberg/Lucas)that would sell a tons of copies if Paramount would release them on HD-DVD.

If those titles had been in Universal's catalog, they'd likely be out by now,but for whatever reason Paramount has they've been really stingy with releasing many decent catalog titles of their own.Maybe, by some chance a Paramount exec that has somethig to do with making such decisions will read this and help get some of those great titles released in HD-DVD.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts