AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade from my current Pioneer vsx99. I have B&W 803 matrix fronts and B&W matrix htm center and Boston Acoustics towers for the rear. I have pretty much decided to go with a Rotel 1075 amp but i am not sure as to the best pre/ pro. I need a tuner so as i have been thinking about the following choices : outlaw 950 or a mid priced receiver such as Denon 3803, 2803; HK 325,525 or Pioneer 43tx or Rotel 1055. This set up is used primarily for HT. Thanks for your thoughts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would listen to the Rotel 1055, I had one before upgrading to the Athem AVM 20. The 1055 is very nice and you can us the front channel re-direction to power your rears in a 6.1 or 7.1 configuration down the road.

If you can spend the extra money the AVM 20 is very nice. I have mine feeding a Rotel 1095 and am very happy.

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just wondering....is there a reason you havent considered the 1066 pre-pro? From what I've been reading, this piece of equipment has it all and is very good.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The reason would be that the pre-pro sections of the 1066 and 1055 are very similar, not exact, but close enough to not be all that different. The 1055's msrp is a couple of hundred less than the 1066 and comes with the tuner and 5 channels of pretty nice power, where the front right/left channels can be directed to the rear channel(s) in a 6.1 or 7.1 system. If people aren't in need of the extra amp power or don't listen to a tuner much, they often choose the 1066 for that extra little bit of sonic refinement.

Either would work excellently with the 1075. For what it's worth, I use the 1066.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.