AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you guys/gals post prices for the 40XBR800 that you have gotten or found. Where at, and how you swung that price!

I know ************** has it for 2700 free shipping, free tax, and free stand... if you go through the agoraquest powerbuy,

any other good deals floating around?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Free stand is a nationwide promo by Sony and lists at one cent! ($00.01) In San Antonio the going price seems to be $2999w/stand (Base Exchange had a one time buy at 2799 & u pick up or pay to deliver)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hard to beat crutchfield or SonyStyle.com right now...except crutchfield was better with no sales tax, and I trust them more than Sony's store.

Crutchfield plusses:

FREE Stand ($500 savings & no charge at all...some stores will charge you for the stand and make you do a mail in rebate with Sony)

FREE shipping (this can be a serious savings on this behemoth and it's stand)

No tax

Great reputation

Sony Plusses:

The same as crutchfield except they may charge you tax, there are only ahandful of states in which they don't charge tax.

And I have had problems with SonyStyle in the past, so their rep isn't that great with me.

Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting,

Yes, I agree.

However, the only downside is that I live in VA, and Crutchfield thus would charge sales tax :-(

Let me ask you this. I have talked to Crutchfield about this tv, and they do not have extended warranties for sale. When I asked them about it, they acted as if I was speaking a foreign language. Is their service so good that if I have a problem in year 3 after the Sony warranty, they will still make it right, or will I have to pay, or what?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a 40xbr800 for $2455 at Video Only in Eugene Oregon last month. Had to haggle on the price but got them down $300 and included free delivery. Delivery is important as this set weighs in at 304 lbs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The Great Indoors (Sears' upper end store) carries them for $2799 with the $.01 stand. On Black Friday they had 10% off as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.