AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to count my chickens before their phosphors glow...but I was pricing the Toshiba 65HX81 at various local dealers in Brooklyn, and one just called me with his price -- $2760 cash, or $2850 on credit card, NET -- including tax AND delivery!! I had stopped in to ask him about a DISH installation as he's just two blocks from my new apartment, and off-handedly asked if he could get the HX line, never expecting that he could -- or that his price would seem so reasonable (I questioned him, and he said he was making a profit on the Tosh, so he's not supplying it at cost and making up the difference on the satellite installation -- and yeah, I want him to make a profit he thinks is fair, else he won't be in business next month). Is this too good to be true? His all-inclusive price beats Crazy Eddies's web price for the TV alone (and that's the lowest published price I've yet found -- anybody find one lower?), and CE then also charges a hefty delivery fee, plus tax if you're in NJ. So unless what this dealer actually delivers is a painted box with shadow puppets inside, I think I'm going to be in heaven soon.... :) Hey, that will leave me with even MORE I can spend on other toys, not to mention an ISF calibration from one of the big guns here in NY once it's broken in!

Mark (whose cat is wondering why I'm dancing around the apartment like a lunatic now, instead of feeding him....)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mark

I am in northern NJ and was interested in the same set. Would you mind telling me where you got such a good price?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Brian -- glad to. Just so you know, before posting, I asked the dealer if he had any problems with my letting other people know his price in a public forum because I thought it was so good, and he said that he had no issue with that. Just, please, anybody who might contact him after reading this, mention my name if you call him -- I think I'm going to be a demanding customer regarding both the Toshiba I've ordered and my DISH installation (he's providing both), so I need all the good will I can get to make up for the PITA factor! :) I found him on the DISH Network's web site, on their list of authorized installers in NY.

The name of the dealer is Mr. Satellite, located at 763 Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn (near Cortelyou Avenue); the number is: 718-941-3500. The guy I talked to is named Shan; when I met him he seemed pretty nice, and straightforward, too -- I especially liked that he called back quickly with his price, unlike a lot of guys who say they'll call back and never do, and that he took the time to understand the ins and outs of my installation. Hmmm...if anybody has dealt with this company and had a bad experience, please let me know -- forewarned is forearmed! But for right now I'm keeping everything crossed, hoping it all goes smoothly....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.