AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a 61" sammy but cant justify the 5100 list price. Anyone know who has the best prices of this unit? Im in SoCal so local is best, but im willing to have it shipped to me.

thx!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Good luck, I've been looking for a while now. Don't order from anyone that isn't realiable. Someone on this forum said they got it for $4200 from their local Tweeter. I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am having trouble believing that you could find a HLN for $4200. They have just begun shipping and the leftover HLM are being offered at discount for that number. Tweeter has the new HLN in stock and it can be had for $5000 with a little effort. I have not seen one below that number.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I got my HLM617W from an HT installer for $4300.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chriscal

Tweeter has the new HLN in stock and it can be had for $5000 with a little effort.
You guys tried too hard. The price was given to me right off the system. :p

The sticker on the side says HLN617W. The sticker on the back says February 2003. The firmware in the SM says Nov 30, 2002 9:04:42. I need a firmware upgrade. ;)

UE was going to beat it and give me free delivery. But they didn't have it in stock and I had to wait at least 3 weeks. I couldn't wait that long. :)

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
I am sure you would be happy to post you tweeter receipt for all of us to see and use as a price match vehicle. I am not know on this board for flaming but I still dont beleive you. Sorry....I have bought from tweeter when they used to be called something else (which escapes me) and other than my 5% discount and maybe another 1% I cant seem them discounting this tv that much.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry, buddy! I will NOT post anything private on a public forum. :p

Now, if you'd like, you can PM me, like many others, and I will be accomodating and give you some pointers. Otherwise, take it with a grain of salt. Believe it or not, it's up to you. It's quite all right with me if you don't believe it. I have neither the need nor desire to prove anything. I just know I'm a happy camper and that's enough for me! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was quoted $4600 for the new HLN617W 61" Samsung from the Portland, Oregon area. No tax, pick it up myself, $400 for a 4 Year parts and labor warranty. Still negotiating on the Samsung stand. They say they have 11 in stock in their warehouse and I can pick it up on Friday. Buying from a reputable dealer that offers 30-day return policy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dscotta
I was quoted $4600 for the new HLN617W 61" Samsung from the Portland, Oregon area. No tax, pick it up myself, $400 for a 4 Year parts and labor warranty. Still negotiating on the Samsung stand. They say they have 11 in stock in their warehouse and I can pick it up on Friday. Buying from a reputable dealer that offers 30-day return policy.
I wouldn't pass that price up. Not sure if I would go for the extra warranty. For $400, I'd gamble on fixing the set out-of-pocket once or twice during years 2-4.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In most cases I wouldn't go for the extra warranty (haven't bought one yet -- I sell cars for a living). But the technology is somewhat cutting edge in RPTV, and after reading of some of the problems experienced by AVS Forum members I decided it is probably worth the extra 10%. Besides, I am saving the tax and that almost pays for the extra warranty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They have the stand for the hlm617w, not the "n" version, so they weren't sure if it was the same stand or not. They said MSRP of $599 for the stand, but would sell for $525. I thought that I had seen them for $425 but I could be wrong. Is that a decent price or should I continue to shop? I am dealing with Magnolia Hi-Fi, so far a very favorable experience. Very professional.

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Ikea has a 59 inch stand in black for $78 that's pretty good for the money. They also have it in birch for $99. It looks pretty good. It's the OPPLI TV bench and is 59W x 19 5/8D x 15 3/4H with casters. When we got ours they only had black in stock. We intended it as a temporary solution but it's looks and works so well for us that I expect we will have it for some time.

There are three component bays. With the outside two bays you get an adjustable shelf. It has casters that seem to work smoothly. You do the assembly.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...514&fullpage=1

·
Registered
56 Posts
A quick search on eBay ("Samsung HLN*") shows that 'docdvd' has a HLN617W for sale with a buy-it-now price of $4399, $250 shipping, and, I assume, a 3% fee for credit cards.

I assume that because that's the % I paid when I ordered my HLN507W from him eariler this evening.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Proactive Electronics has them for $4200 plus $350 shipping. Thats $4550 to your door. I've never dealt with them so I'm not sure how realible they are. The Salestore also had them for $4529 including delivery.

I'm still trying to decide where to get my 617.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decided to go ahead and order my new hln617w after pouring through all the different posts on AVS Forum. I paid $5500 out the door, which was $4600 for the unit, 500 for the stand and 400 for a 4-year parts and labor warranty. I am picking up the unit myself on Friday in Portland.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.