AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best price for a RCA DTC100.

Any specials out there or coming soon.

Thanks HUGo

[This message has been edited by Hugomed (edited 09-10-2001).]

·
Banned
992 Posts
I went into Circuit City Friday and they had an open box RCA DTC-100. I almost didn't buy it at $400 even though I had been telling myself for the last 2 months that I would buy one if I saw it at the price.

Unfortunately, I had just bought a $400 Clie a couple hours before. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

BUT, I decided to splurg and put it on my credit card. I ended up being very VERY happy I did because the unit rang up at $395!! They even had the remote, the VGA 15pin and gave me a component cable!!

I was so lucky. (Of course, this will guarantee that a new one is coming that will cost $350 and have firewire and be better.)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job David.

Have you look into if monday night football is transmitted in HD from ABC.

That ABC announcement is that OAT or dish signal.

Hugo

·
Registered
15 Posts
************** is also advertising an open box DTC100 for $318. I ordered one and they said mine included all parts. As of now there is still one on their site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a happy owner of a DTC100 for $199 from best buy. I walked into the store and they had a table full of DirecTV gear. Hidden amongst the non-HD receivers was this one. The catch was that it did not have any of the cables included. (Open Box) As soon as I pulled it out, several others around me started asking if I REALLY wanted the unit. Since I already had all the cables needed, it was a no-brainer!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I keep seeing folks mention really low prices here and there for the DTC-100 but looking deeper they all appear to require D* activation w/i 30 days (even the aforementioned **************). It seems you must provide a credit card number so they can charge you $200 (or more) if you do not activate. Is this not being enforced? Or are folks wanting the D* (or already have it)?.

I personally want one for OTA only. And in my internet search and personal visits to various retailers (in SC, GA, AL) all but one (maybe, at full price) have required activation which in essence would then require the purchase of two singles or one oval dish. I have visited CC, BB, Rex, and an indy and inquired into open boxes. Anyway, my search continues...

Bruce

[This message has been edited by bdenman (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Samsung SIR-T150 does OTA only (so be sure you don't need satellite) and does all DTV formats and reputedly has one of the best sensitivities. Several online vendors have it for around $500, but unfortunately you've missed out on a $100 rebate deal that expired last month.

Jim

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ufotofu:
The Samsung SIR-T150 does OTA only (so be sure you don't need satellite) and does all DTV formats and reputedly has one of the best sensitivities. Several online vendors have it for around $500, but unfortunately you've missed out on a $100 rebate deal that expired last month.

Jim
Jim,

Indeed, I did see some comments on that after the fact. I heard that Walmart was carrying a 150x model but the two stores I have also visited did not have them. It appears Sears may be a place to order one from in time (brick; not dotcom). Hopefully their price will come down again.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Barely used in box with most accessories.

Also does not include DSA8900 but not activation requirements:

Card has never been activated, its a more recent probably non-hackable card.
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005660.html#4

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a DTC100 (open-box) at my local Best Buy. After much discussion (haggling) with the area supervisor, I got it for $149. Best Buy will make deals on open-box items but be sure to talk directly with a supervisor or manager.

It didn't have any cables, the manual, or the access card. However, I already had good cables, I downloaded the manual (.pdf) from RCA.com, and bought a replacement HU access card from DirecTV for $39.

I only have access to two HD channels (HBO-HD & HDNet) but for $149, I figured this was worth it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wolvercane,

I hope that you haven't heard the biggest news story of the past 50 years. I hope that you'll forgive me for blasting you for having ANYHTING ELSE on your mind at this time!

I HATE TO BE REPOSTING CONTINUOUSLY BUT...

NY & WASHINGTON HAVE BEEN ATTACKED BY TERRORIST!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

GET TO ANY NEWS SOURCE NOW!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you are looking for a DTC-100 brand new, sealed box with no strings attached, I have one for sale in the Classified Ads forum here.

The price is very competitive with the ABT Electronics price and once you buy it I don't care if you plant flowers in it, it is yours to do with what you wish. No programming requirement whatsoever.

I also may be able to get hold of one or more of the Panasonic HDTV STB's at a price about $100 off list. If anyone is interested email me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shorton,

I have heard and I am currently listening to the radio and watching TV. It is a major tragedy.

What else can we do. Just pray for the victims and their families.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good news talked to a guy about open box they have one at Best buy for 439.00 but said to talk to the manager about getting it lower.

After I mention about 449.00 online price.New

I'll keep hacking thanks Guys for the Info

Hugo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.