AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - quick question regarding ripping movies to a drive.

I'm slowly backing up my DVD collection so I can throw it in my new NAS and then stream to an HTPC that I am building. I've been using DVD Shrink, but unfortunately I am unable to preserve the menu system if I want to edit out some of the extras.

One of my friends has DVDClone2, but that won't let me actually edit any of the menus.

Here's a quick example of what/why I'm trying to attain this - I have the Pulp Fiction Special Edition. If I use CloneDVD2, I can preserve the menu system, but I also cannot edit out the 20 seconds studio logo and FBI warning that plays before the menu. CloneDVD2 is simply all or nothing when it comes to the menus. DVDShrink can identify these two items within the menu and let me remove them, but who wants a menu to play as part of the video?

Is there a program out there that will let me preserve menus, but at the same time let me edit them if I so desire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
this is what you can use................

IfoEdit is the perfect companion for the expert DVD ripper. It's a very powerful utility that enables the user to explore and modify very deep into any DVD structure.

With IfoEdit you can erase audio streams and subtitles that you don't need (in order to save some disc space and make your DVD-9 fit into a DVD-5), and remove some screens and extras that you don't like (for example, the FBI warning and similar ones), but preserving the original DVD logic and navigation. And if all this is not enough, you can directly replace the original video stream for another with lower bitrate.

IfoEdit do its work by directly parsing the DVD VOB files, and it's capable to create new IFO files, and DVD images subsequently.

Moreover, by reading the DVD IFO files, IfoEdit can help you to introduce advanced changes like region codes, RCE protection, and even change the DVD navigation structure.

In my opinion, this tool could be too much for the average user that just wants to backup a DVD to record it later, but is very good for the advanced users.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.