AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been out of the game for a long time but with the xbox series x out now i have the itch to upgrade my aging setup (Sony HW30). Are there any 4k projectors out or coming out in the $2k-$4k price range that have HDMI 2.1 and do the other things HDR, VRR, etc

Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Going to follow this myself. I have only ever purchased 1 projector and it was the Panasonic AE8000 back in 2012 and a huge reason I did get that was because of the minimal input lag. But now having the XSX and PS5 I'm at least researching the idea of upgrading. I'm also confused by projectors being 4K and some being "true" 4K projectors. And the prices seem to vary big time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to follow this myself. I have only ever purchased 1 projector and it was the Panasonic AE8000 back in 2012 and a huge reason I did get that was because of the minimal input lag. But now having the XSX and PS5 I'm at least researching the idea of upgrading. I'm also confused by projectors being 4K and some being "true" 4K projectors. And the prices seem to vary big time.
After posting this I did some more research. Seems like we will be waiting ahwile. A lot of the new TVs coming out don't even support HDMI 2.1 yet and unless things have changed, seems like projectors usually lag behind screens.
Just saw the post about the 3 new 85" TCL models coming out this year. At that size I am considering just going with a big panel. Will be a major PITA to rerun cables to the back of my room though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are you expecting to get out of HDMI 2.1. I hope you're not waiting on projectors to use the extra bandwidth for 4k/120 because that will take a while. The processing power of projectors probably wont be there for 3-5 years, especially with the requirement of having low input lag.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you expecting to get out of HDMI 2.1. I hope you're not waiting on projectors to use the extra bandwidth for 4k/120 because that will take a while. The processing power of projectors probably wont be there for 3-5 years, especially with the requirement of having low input lag.
Yeah, 4K/120 is exactly what I was hoping for. I realize now that I can’t even find a monitor with those specs so yeah, I realize now that the projector world will probably be a year or two from having this feature. I want to future proof more than anything. My current projector has lasted over 10 years. With the cost of these things I can’t afford to upgrade them all that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts