AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Infocus X1, Optoma H30, and the BenQ PB6200.

My HT setup will have to deal with some (i.e. the shades will be closed but some sunlight will leak, enough to fill the room somewhat dimly) ambient light due to the placing of the projector. Also, I do like some sunlight during the day.

Which of these projectors would best handle the ambient light. I know about the lumens counts but does anyone have specific experience dealing with ambient light and any of these projectors?

Thanks.

· Registered
256 Posts
I would say the PB6200 because it produces the most lumen output.

The specs on lumen output dont really mean much, but the X1 will produce in the mid 400's when calibrated while the PB6200 will produce around 725. This is a big factor when introducing ambient light because the X1 will be more easily prone to wash out. Same with the H30 which will produce around 450. Hope this helps.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by KostaVan
I would say the PB6200 because it produces the most lumen output.

The specs on lumen output dont really mean much, but the X1 will produce in the mid 400's when calibrated while the PB6200 will produce around 725. This is a big factor when introducing ambient light because the X1 will be more easily prone to wash out. Same with the H30 which will produce around 450. Hope this helps.
When you say calibrated, you mean with DVE or AVIA?

· Registered
38 Posts
As for lumens, look at Krasmuziks thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...68#post4096268

Kras is a professional ISF calibrator and calibrated the H30 and 4800 at a shootout not to long ago. The lumen results were after ISF calibration:

x1 (4800).........293

H30..................521

So between those two, the H30 wins out.

As for the 6200, yes it has more lumens in presentation mode, however not sure about it's lumen output not in presentation mode.

Also, there was a review in the Sept 04 issue of Home Theater that pit the H30 vs 6200 vs Epson something. The H30 won.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.