AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, low-tech question for budget HT: I have three S-Video sources, S-VHS, DDS and DVD. What is my best buy for a front projector?

------------------

Roger R.

"That goes without saying." Young Frankenstein

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.

Is the Boxlight 455m made by Sanyo? If so, do you know the Sanyo model number?

------------------

Roger R.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
all i have right now is s-video for my Lt150. i had some issues/concerns the first couple of days, but i was just coming off of regularly viewing a nicely tweaked digital rear proj. i've had this projector now 5 days and many of the images it puts out are impressive. at about 63" diag , i get a 4:3 picture that gives my 53" RP a good run for its money (actually since i paid $1000 less for the proj, i would have to say it leaves my rp choking in the dust). this is in native mode.

i had a lot of trouble calibrating the colors and white/black levels until i got ahold of Avia. that helped quite a bit, although i still needed to go back in fine tune to get better flesh tones. that and the typical interlace jaggies are my only concerns at this point. rainbows have decreased to being a rare distraction.

i'm hoping that stepping up to a progressive will impress me as much as everyone says, but sometimes its hard to see how it can make only a minute difference since the picture is already exceptional (even taking into account the newer mid $2k prices, it's still an outrageous value.)

if this were audioreview, i'd probably give the LT150 w/ s-video, a 3.5-4 for quality (out of 5), but a solid 10 for value!

btw: this is also when viewed on a DIY screen that cost about $40 to slap together.

just what is your price range?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey ckolchak,

Nice review! The LT150 may fit my budget. I whould like to keep it below $2500. Thanks.

Dear John, (groooohhnnn)

Duh... of course, Infocus is what I meant to say. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------

Roger R.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K. So far I have the LT150, LP340 and the Boxlight 455m. Does anyone else know of a great low cost S-Video projector?

------------------

Roger R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.