AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which mode will produce the best quality recording using a Panny DMR-E55 for a 2 hour or under movie,flexible recording or just use OTR and the full 2 hours in SP?

Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
FR will give you maximum resolution for a 2 Hour or less movie. It may be slightly better than SP or the same, but it will never be worse.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
From what I understand on the E-55 the FR Mode will give you up to 500 lines of horizontal resolution all the way up to 2 Hours & 59 Minutes. But as soon as you go to 3 Hours & UP the resolution drops off to 250 lines.

Also I thought I read somewhere that for a 1 Hour Recording or a 2 Hour Recording that the XP & SP Modes would give you a "slightly" better picture on some material than if you used the FR Mode set to 1 Hour or 2 Hour.

I know my daughter uses the XP & SP modes on her E-55 for 1 & 2 Hour Programs

and for commercial free tv series she uses the FR Mode (See Below).

"FR" MODE FOR 1/2 HOUR TV SERIES WITH THE COMMERCIALS CUT OUT:

PROGRAM ......................................................... FR ENTER TIME

Number 1 ..................................................... 2 Hours 59 Minutes

Number 2 ..................................................... 2 Hours 37 Minutes

Number 3 ..................................................... 2 Hours 15 Minutes

Number 4 ..................................................... 1 Hour 53 Minutes

Number 5 ..................................................... 1 Hour 31 Minutes

Number 6 ..................................................... 1 Hour 9 Minutes

Number 7 ............................................................ . 47 Minutes

Number 8 ............................................................ . 25 Minutes

"FR" MODE FOR 1 HOUR SERIES WITH THE COMMERCIALS CUT OUT:

Number 1 ..................................................... 2 Hours 59 Minutes

Number 2 ..................................................... 2 Hours 14 Minutes

Number 3 ..................................................... 1 Hour 29 Minutes

Number 4 ............................................................ .. 44 Minutes

·
Registered
527 Posts
On the E75 the switch from SP to LP resolution is between 3:00 and 3:01. I'm surprsied it's not the same on the E55 since the recorders are essentially the same.

How much recording time does the E55 give for SP? On the E75 it is 2:00:28.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I read that it drops off at 3 hours on another forum somewhere? & you could be right about it droping off at 3 hrs or 3 hours & 1 minute like your 75 does but I told my daughter not to go over 2 hours & 59 Minutes & just to gain & extra 2 minutes maybe? I'm not going to tell her to chance going over the 2 Hour & 59 Minute Mark. But it would be nice to know if the E-55 could go those extra 2 minutes :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.