AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running the 7199 driver for my Radeon 7100 on Windows 98SE. I use nothing but PowerDVD 4.0. The image appears a little soft with my NEC LT150, especially on credits. Is there a better driver than the 7199?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I use the 9013 drivers on my 7000 with my LT150 and the picture appears less sharp when using PowerDVD as compared to TheaterTek or Zoomplayer with Cinemaster video filters. It may be more the software filters than the display driver.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with my LT150. I use the latest official drivers with an 7000 on win98se. I can't see much difference between the drivers so I agree with Wireless that its probably as software thing. I think that the PQ is sharper using the Cinemaster filters but still noting beats the stability of PowerDVD.

Maybe I should switch the XP since Cinemaster is supposed to be much more stable there.

As always enjoy the movie and you will probably forget it. =)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I highly recommend Theatertek. Stability of PowerDVD with the picture quality of the Cinemaster filters. I'm using 98se as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the ATI player and Zoomplayer with the Cinemaster filters, and neither looked better than PowerDVD 4.0.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.