AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently debating between these two for my rear surround speakers

Klipsch R 41M and R41SA

They both have the same RMS(50), Peak(100), Tweeter (1")and woofer(4"). My question is that the 41M crossover is at 1730Hz and the 41SA is at 4237Hz. Does this matter for functionality as rear surround. I know that the 41SA are marketed as atmos speakers but they are also listed as surround speakers according to Klipsch.

The speakers will be wall hung in either case. however I would place the 41SA higher up given the angle of the enclosure.

My 3.1 system is
R51 R/L
R34C
R120SW

with a yamaha 5.1 rated at 100W / channel cont.

Any advice would be very much appreciate as both sets are on really good sale right now that ends on the 19th

I am also open to other suggestions as i am not locked into these speakers. I don't like the 51m for rear given then are a little big for where they would be hung

·
Registered
16,963 Posts
The speakers will be wall hung in either case. h
The R41 has a huge rear port.

I would NOT want to wall mount it.

Get the 41SA instead for wall mounting.

Reactions: JonfromCB

·
Registered
727 Posts
A small percentage of surround content comes from the rear so unless you use "all channel" modes for music from your rears, or you just want brand or cosmetic consistency, I'd personally opt for something small, easy to place perfectly according to Dolby standards and something with great dispersion. Ascend Acoustic 200s come to mind or of course the 41sa as Zorba recommends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts