AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we've pretty much established that Faroudja-based DVD players are the way to go for progressive-scan, and that the XP30 and RP82, even used, are a good way to go. However, I've got a Samsung HLN which has a built-in Faroujda chip.

I've been told that I don't need to get a progressive-scan DVD player, as the HLN will do as good a job as most progressive DVD players in deinterlacing. I'm perfectly willing to buy a non-PS DVD player, but I'm also in the market for a home theater system. I need one with a optical digital audio input to playback surround-sound from my HD Set Top Box.

That being said, it's pretty hard to find a non-progressive Home-theater-in-a-box setup with an optical input. I'm thinking I should just get a decent (non-PS?) DVD player and a surround-sound stereo.

Now I need to find that DVD player.

Home Theater Hifi doesn't review non-PS DVD's, as far as I can tell. What should I be looking for? Is there another good source for reviews? Should I just bite the bullet and buy that $700 Panasonic HT425D or Denon system and quit whining?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.