AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone suggest what would be the best receiver to run paradigm studio 60 v3's?

I want to run blu-ray player through the receiver.

Apart from the studio's, rest of my setup is Atlantic Technology System T170 (dipole surrounds, sub and center).

I was thinking of Denon AVR 2809ci as one option.

Any ideas are welcome!

I don't want to spend too much at the same time get a receiver which will get me the best audio representation using the blu-ray player.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Paradigm Ref. Studio 100s/CC/ADPs/20s with Servo-15 v.2 all here.

I tried them all except the Pios and HK, all i can say you will only beat the Onkyos if you shell out mega bucks.

Try 875 or above it decodes every format on the planet, DSD via HDMI included. It shares its platform with Integra 9.8 and SC885 processor which i own, in a separates with Class A front stage balanced (not truly but beneficially hehe) system, and it sounds amazing to my ears, but i am just an amateur.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the Denon 2809 and so far it sounds great!

However, I am not sure what volume level do people generally watch blu-ray movies?

I have to go all the way to -8 to -10db to get the real impact of the movie with the denon 2809.

My earlier Marantz sr8400 used to perform decently at -15 to -20 db when it had only 110w per channel compared to 115w per channel for the 2809's.

any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts