AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I am trying to put together a system and I need some advise. I want the best receiver I can get for under $400. I do have some requirements.

Zone 2 (preferably with the ability to play from separate sources from zone 1 simultaneously) I would like to play music from my phone to the backyard (Zone 2) and still be able to watch the TV in the main room (Zone 1).

Wi-Fi or at least network attached

>= $400

Bluetooth would be nice (if I can get an adapter cheaper than stepping up to a model with Bluetooth built-in i'm OK with that)

What do you guys think is the best I can buy with these requirements? Please help.

·
Registered
28,804 Posts
>= $400

That means greater than or equal to $400....so your budget is $400 or more?

I think you want

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5.1 for the main room and just stereo for zone 2. I'll look into the Denon but at first look it's not too bad at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go to Best Buy and see what they have in the open box section of theatre display. Have seen some incredible buys on returns or their demos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go to Best Buy and see what they have in the open box section of theatre display. Have seen some incredible buys on returns or their demos.
+1

Keep eye on authorized sellers/online/real stores for open box and make sure they have 90 days no question asked return warranty. I bought SR6007 open box and i am very happy with movies and for music trying to tweak my system.

Never spend too much to be future proof, technology changes so fast you cant chase it. We don't know where its gona go in HT world :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts