AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, for reasons of space, speaker size, cost, speaker appearance, and liking the sound of other Yamaha speakers, I've decided on getting the Yamaha NS-P436 as my first "starter" set of 6.1 speakers for my first ever home theater. It's an apartment so I don't want anything too big and boomy. In any event, I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go with the Panasonic SA-XR45, due to is tiny size, or the Yamaha RX-V450 to match the speakers. I am concerned about the crossover limit of 100Hz on the SA-XR45. How low can the Yamaha crossover go? Should I perhaps look at something like Harman Kardon? My budget for the receiver is $350 MAX! I want really good sound for movies, and good sound for music which is primarily layered and analog synth driven. Warmth and detail is probably what I'm after. Keep in mind that my movie speakers now are what came with my cheap Zenith 27" TV (which I'm upgrading to plasma) so even the NS-P436 is bound to be a HUGE improvement (I hope!!). Thanks for your advice!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.