AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Boston Acoutic VR-M line (M-90s, VR-MX, VR-MC and PV1000 sub). I'm looking for a receiver that will be a good match to this set. I was looking at the Pioneer 55TX, but from what I have read it seems the Elite line may be better matched to a bright speaker like Klipsch rather than BA. Would a Denon or Yamaha be a better match? Any other brands or particular models would be helpful. Looking to keep the budget under $1100, the cost of the 55TX.

As always, comments, questions and suggestions welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've got Boston VR-M's in an audio-only setup, and with those Lynnefield tweeters I always thought they tended toward brightness as well. This may not be the sort of advice you were looking for, but if you like the Pioneer, it may be more suitable than you give it credit for.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually thought the 55TX was the one, but before I pulled the trigger I wanted to double check to see if it was a good match. I'm assuming it will work just fine, but then again there are otehrs who have much deeper knowledge on the subject. I have alos seen a refurb Denon 3803 for $500 and compared to the 55tx at $1100 (new), it walso made me pause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.