AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to either buy a new receiver or the outlaw 950 to use as a pre/pro. Between HK525, Denon 2803 or 3803, Pioneer 43/53 or Yamaha 1400/2400 which would work best- purely from a HT and processing point of view. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I'm using a 45tx as a pre/pro and find that it has all the flexibility and SQ I currently need. But...

I'm tempted to upgrade to 55txi for i link connection.

I only use 45tx amp to drive rear surrounds.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be selling my Yamaha DSP-A1 (DD, dts,5:1) shortly..... and it will meet all/exceed all the criteria you are looking at.

Have yet to set a price (it is near mint and is the eye-catching Champagne model) but it will be priced to sell for sure.

Use it as a pre/pro for my HT the last year or so.

BOK

·
Registered
507 Posts
The sony 4es is very flexible as a pre, and for around 600 bucks it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Out of those you listed. The RX-V1400 sounds the best. Yamaha receivers have been known to really open up when powered by external amps through line level RCAs. Their DSP is easily bested by most DVD players too for HT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.