AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my first home theater system. I need some advice on choosing a good reciever along with some speakers that will go well with it. The HT will be used for 50% gaming (PC), 25% (Music), and 25% (DVD/DV-R). The reciever must be able to connect the following:

XFI Titanium/Auzentech Prelude (5.1 Analog & Digital)

Motorola DCH-6416 DV-R (S-Video, 5.1 RCA, Composite, & Digital)

Emerson EWD-2203 DVD/VCR Combo (5.1 RCA, Composite, S-Video)

I believe that I will need a reciever with supports 2x digital connections since both my pc sound card and my DV-R will benefit from them.

My tv is a simple analog tv, it only has antenna in, antenna out, 1x yellow on main, 1x red/white/yellow on video 1, 1x red/white/yellow on video 2, and finally 1x s-video 9 pin being feed to a 8800GTX dongle for streaming movies from the internet onto my tv.

==========================================================

If I can get into a good 5.1 setup that would be great.

I first purchased a HTib Samsung Z410 setup, but I am sure that I could get better results for just a little bit more. I payed $250.00 for the 410 setup at walmart. On my new setup I am willing to go for $500.00, but $600.00+ is pushing it.

I have also added pictures to show the very ackward sound setup my room has for an HT.

The first image shows the angle and the front 3 channels placement within my room (On top of tv)

The next image shows the subwoofer placement of the Z410's (Left is PC Speaker Sub/Right is Z410 sub)

The very last image shows where my rear channels are placed (Left and right on headboard shelves)

I need to choose a sound setup that will work well for the way my room is setup. (See Pictures *Double click for full size)

Today when I went to listen to some speakers at best buy I took all these digital shots beforehand to show him the speaker setup to see if there was anyway to maximize the position. He couldn't think of any way to get better speaker placement in this room.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i vote for the demon 1909 at 6ave ...they have a 25% off coupon so its 486 deliverd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.