AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here, but it's nice to see a place where people know their stuff, and are willing to help each other out.

I'm looking for a nice reciever on a budget. DD 5.1, DPLII, and DTS support are important to me. And I'd like it to be at least 400-watts, with possibly more than one optical-digital connection, hopefully for around or less than $300. I'm kinda new to this whole thing, but those are the features I'm looking for. Thanks for any help I can get. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
under $300 u can only get a USED good receiver or a really really cheap model.. try Sony, Pioneer, their entry models MIGHT be under $300-$400..

sel.sony.com and pioneerelectronics.com

MAYBE onkyo make them in that price range also..

·
Registered
102 Posts
look for receivers like the pioneer 812k, h/k avr 125, entry level yamahas, refurbed from manufacturers like marantz, and h/k, and used stuff

something should turn up that will make you happy i think the pioneer 812 which seems t obe a minutely updated 811 seems to be a solid bet which can be found nicely below $300 after all costs

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You can get the H/K AVR220 for $297 (refurbished) at harmanaudio.com, but I recommend you get the AVR320 for $398 - much more power and more features for not much more dollars. The 320 has preouts on all channels for a separate amp, and it would make a good preamp. H/K refurbs are like new and carry the full 2 year warranty. I have had several and still have the AVR520. You can't do bettter at these prices.

Dsmith

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
You can get the H/K AVR220 for $297 (refurbished) at harmanaudio.com, but I recommend you get the AVR320 for $398 - much more power and more features for not much more dollars. The 320 has preouts on all channels for a separate amp, and it would make a good preamp. H/K refurbs are like new and carry the full 2 year warranty. I have had several and still have the AVR520. You can't do better at these prices IMO.

Dsmith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.