AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my Onkyo RC360 is down, and I don't want to pay to fix it. Looking to buy a 2014 or 2015 refurbed receiver. Looking at Denon and Yamaha right now, going to avoid Onkyo until I feel better haha. I would really like to get the most bang for my buck audio and video wise, less needed wiz bang features. My RC360 met my needs, so I don't need a huge upgrade.

My needs are fairly basic, 5.1, 5+ HDMI inputs, banana jacks, wired networking.

Right now the these have caught my eye:

Yamaha RX-A730 (740 and 750), RX-V679

Denon AVR-S910W (and 900), AVR-X2000

Any input about not so state of the art receivers?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I'd get the Denon S910 if you care about Dolby Atmos or DTS-X height channel codecs if not I'd get the Yamaha Aventage 750. It has HDCP 2.2 for copyrighted 4K passthrough and is the better built of the Yamaha models for under $400. Discrete amps, YPAO reflected sound control room correction, multiple DSP's (concert hall etc..) and a very user friendly remote application for your devices.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrxa750bl/yamaha-rx-a750-7.2-ch-x-90-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Reactions: yanks1

·
Registered
15 Posts
A tiny bit older and doesn't have all of the fancy newer features of some of the others, but you'd be hard pressed to beat a Pioneer SC-1222k for the price. I believe it's still their cheapest all digital amp, and really is quite a powerhouse for what they go for.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm in the same boat as OP. I've been out of receiver scene for a long time.
What makes the Marantz SR5009 stand out?
What are other comparable receivers?
I like that because it has full pre-outs so you can just use it as a processor and add external amps later if needed. That's not something you usually find on a $400 receiver anymore. However, if you have no desire to add better amps later its not an issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same boat as OP. I've been out of receiver scene for a long time.
What makes the Marantz SR5009 stand out?
What are other comparable receivers?
I hear you there, I am totally lost:) My family is not happy to have to use 3 or 4 remotes right now, my receiver was the center of everything.

Keep the great suggestions coming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts