AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Sony 77 A80J, LG 77 C1, 65 CX, 55CX, 65 C8, 55 B7, Onkyo NR7100 w/ Klipsch Reference Atmos System
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the lamp in this TV finally died after 4 years and I need to replace it. The official lamps from the Mitsubishi website cost around $270 (for model #915P061010), which is more than I am willing to spend. 3rd party lamps range from $75 up. So which specific brand do you all recommend for this set? I can find Philips lamps on eBay for $100, which is the same brand Best Buy replaced in my friends old Samsung DLP, and it looks pretty decent. What I am worried about most is the life on the lamp. I expect it to last as long as my first one, but on the product listing they say 2-3 years... :\\

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Philips makes the Mits lamps. Without knowing how many hours are on your lamp and how many hours are figured in the 2/3 year estimate how can that be answered? Life expectancy doesn't go by years but rather hours.

There's no definite life expectancy for any bulb/lamp. I would go with the cheapest name brand you can find. Also the Mits lamps usually include the housing, don't know about your particular lamp.

·
Registered
Sony 77 A80J, LG 77 C1, 65 CX, 55CX, 65 C8, 55 B7, Onkyo NR7100 w/ Klipsch Reference Atmos System
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, so Philips lamps are basically OEM, good to hear. So does Best Buy typically use Philips as their warranty replacements for projection TVs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.