AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hooked up my Dell studio Slim to my 58" Panny. From 8 feet away at a PC resolution of 1920 x 1080 the font is way to small.

At other fonts the screen size does not stretch to fit the full wide screen edge to edge but rather crops.

The vid card I am using is an ATI 4350 on a Panny TH58_PZ850.

Let me know if there are better settings.

Also since this is a PLASMA how do users prevent Burn_In image retention for parts of the display e.g desktop icons ...start menu, etc.....?

Thanx for any help !

·
Registered
837 Posts
Your monitor should have pixel shift which will help prevent burn-in. Have you tried to change your font size? In win7 you can enable larger font sizes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tried the larger font sizes yet ...it's tiny from 8' away at 1920 x 1080 ...I will give that a try. I will check my Panny settings ..is Pixel shift something that is turned on automatically or do I need to enable it for it to work?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Usually its always on. It shifts the pixels over, up, over, down every couple minutes so it doesn't burn in. if you watch your tv really closely you'll see it happen

·
Registered
837 Posts
I use something around 1157x757 or so i can't remember and it looks good from around 10' but websites and programs don't fit well on the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts