Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but since I can´t find any good answers when searching, I´ll ask instead.

I have

* A BG1209/2

* HTPC (PIII 600, GeforceDDR)

Which resolution suites my projector the best?

I´m interested in opinions on both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions.

Best regards,

David

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi David!

Are you satisfied with your 1209/2 ?

I use 1024x768, 72Hz with my BG-1200, (both on 4:3 and 16:9)which should be about the same as your 1209 regarding resolution. I could go a bit higher, but I have a monitor hooked up at the same time, and it can`t take any higher scanrate.

BTW I have just ordered a red and a green c-element to get the BG-1200 color filtered. I`m excited to see how big improvement this could be.

Gunnar

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gunnar!

Yes I am satisfied!!!

It is *a little* better than the Vision 600 =)

From what I could see in your pictures (from your ad) 1024x768 looks really good. Have you tried 1280x1024?

Did the scanlines overlap at that rez?

When switching between 4:3 and 16:9 do you use a different memorybank, for squeezing vertically on anamorphic material?

BTW, from your pictures it looked like you had a nice "enclosure" for your screen, is that correct? The reason I´m asking, is that I am in the process of building an AV-enclosure for all my stuff. (not including the 1209) =)

If so, could you perhaps take a picture or describe it for me?

How much did the C-elements cost? If it is a big improvement in your opinion, I might just order some!

Please keep me updated.

/David

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rob, I´ll try it.

1200p would be 1600x1200 right?

Then 960p would be 1600x960?

Don´t think I have got the grip on this yet...

Which graphics card do you use?

/David

·
Registered
886 Posts
David,

I`ll report back when I have installed the c-elements. There might be some problems that must be solved regarding the installation, but I think I have found a way to drain and refill the fluid without removing the CRTs. The two c-elements will probably cost about $200 including shipping, VAT etc... This is without the metal plates that they are attached to at the front of the CRTs, and I hope I can use the old ones. I have sent you a small picture of my "rack"

Gunnar

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob, Gunnar!

Thanks for your input.

I really appreciate it!

Best regards,

David

·
Registered
729 Posts

Larsan,

You should definitly run a 16x9 resolution on the projector when running anamorphic dvd.

If not, the software dvd player has to rescale the image to fit a 4x3 format (which always looks worse).

960p (480*2) should the best on a 8" crt with enough bandwidth like yours. If it looks soft, try 720p.

------------------

/Sören

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did some experiments with my previous BG-800, and I didn`t see any difference in picture quality between letting the DVD-software do the scaling, or reducing the vertical heigth of the picture with the projector.

Gunnar

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soren,

Thanks for your input, though mine is a 9 incher and should handle up to 1080p in 16x9, maybe even more. But I shall take all opinions into consideration.

Gunnar!

Thanks for all the photos, I like your homemade rack. If my new apartment does not have a wide enough room for me to build my own design (3,5m width) then I will go with yours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.