34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have:

Denon 1912

DVR

DVD

PS3

Wii

I'm looking for the best RF universal remote for less than $300. I would like a color display, but might not be in my budget. Might be willing to go up to $400 if there is a compelling reason to do so. A learning feature would be important as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopro
Currently have:

Denon 1912

DVR

DVD

PS3

Wii

I'm looking for the best RF universal remote for less than $300. I would like a color display, but might not be in my budget. Might be willing to go up to $400 if there is a compelling reason to do so. A learning feature would be important as well.
That's going to be tough. You'll need a USB/IR adapter for the PS3- so your budget is less than $200.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
You only have 5 devices since Wii won't work with a universal. You have may options from $60 and up. A $20 remote plus a Next Generation RF system would be at the low end, followed by a few low end URC's (the RF20 plus RF base would run about $80, but it's not color). The Xsight Touch plus RF base would run you around $150 (it has a color touch screen). Harmony has 2 current RF models, the 900 and 1100, and some older models like the 890. The URC MX-450 plus RF base would also be under $400.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
How strong is the RF performance on MX-450 with the MRF-260 or 350 base?

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive universal remote that will wirelessly communicate with equipment that is located two non-concrete floors away (my HTPC). Currently I am using a separate NextGen Remote Extender for this purpose, but it's not ideal.

If this MX-450 isn't the best in RF department, what else should I be looking at? I was initially thinking of Harmony 900 but I've read its RF performance is terrible...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.