AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a thread going about which of the major retailerers has the best bang for the buck on a long DLP warranty.

Off the bat Costcos return policy almost comes to mind but I really wouldn't want to do that to them after more than one or two months so here are my questions?

Which chains back up there warranty if the repair company lets you down?

Which policies cover bulbs?

Which companies are good about lemon swap outs after n calls?

Any other special warranty concerns?

Any special problem warranty companies?

(examples of companies that should be included would be all this sites sponsors and of course the chains like Best Buy, Good Guys, Tweeter, Magnolia, Sears, CompUSA, Frys, etc).

· Registered
20 Posts
Well I can't give you a detailed answer, but I can give you my exp with the CC ext warr.

I sprang for the top of the line 4 year program for $450, becuase I like to have some protection when I'm making a $3k investment.

Turns out I had the blinking lights problem after just 6 weeks of use on my 46" DLP. I called Samsung and they were going to send a tech over, but it would take 4 days and until then I was SOL.

Well, the Olpympics were just about to start, so I called CC and asked to speak to the manager. He agreed that this problem should not be occurring in a 6 week old set, and he had it replaced the next morning! I got a brand new set.

So I was VERY happy with the CC service on their plan. It does cover my bulb btw.

(P.S. The new set has been perfect ever since).

· Registered
209 Posts
Sears is really good at always covering there warranty, though they are also one of the most expensive. Also anywhere that sells GE-Zurich warranties(Good Guys and Video Only are the two I know) will cover everything including the bulb and it just depends on who the closest GE certified repair facility is and maybe if there is more than one.

I'm not to familiar with Best Buys warranty but it must be the best out of the whole lot since last time I was there looking at the Plasmas the salesperson informed that the Bulb is covered on Plasma sets too. You can't beat that can you. ;)

· Registered
95 Posts
You can get a repairmaster 4 extra year warranty at these places for a decent price. This warranty goes into effect after the 1st year of manufacturers warranty. It does not cover the bulb but can be had for a reasonable price.

This is the product you are looking for. WARRANTECH RMT45000

This Place

or This Place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.