AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the referenced projector shortly. Looking for a non-electric, standalone screen recommend for under 2K. I have 125" diagonal screen area currently covered by Goo.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Your room environment is more important then the projector so describe it in detail if you want any real help. Are you talking about a fixed screen or manual pull down as not sure what a non electric standalone screen is maybe a screen on a tripod that doesn't attach to a wall?

Reactions: PixelPusher15

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed screen. Ceiling is 8.5' high. No windows so the room is pretty dark with the lights off.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Fixed screen. Ceiling is 8.5' high. No windows so the room is pretty dark with the lights off.
How reflective is the room? Any white/pastel ceiling, floor or walls. This is by far the most critical factor after external/internal ambient light is controlled as the projector/screen are large light sources in it self and will reflect off of white/light colored surfaces washing out the screen.

Reactions: PixelPusher15

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How reflective is the room? Any white/pastel ceiling, floor or walls. This is by far the most critical factor after external/internal ambient light is controlled as the projector/screen are large light sources in it self and will reflect off of white/light colored surfaces washing out the screen.
The ceiling is gray; the walls are covered in dark drapes. Floor is carpeted. Here is a photo:
IMG_0112_1_1.JPG
IMG_0112_1_1.JPG
IMG_0112_1_1.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw a video on constructing the framework and tacking on the material. I'd probably hire someone to do the work if it could be cost effective relative to buying the whole screen.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I saw a video on constructing the framework and tacking on the material. I'd probably hire someone to do the work if it could be cost effective relative to buying the whole screen.
Hiring anyone that's competent is rarely cost effective as the savings from DIY is "doing it your self". Looks like you have good light control and if your current screen isn't usable Silver Ticket white screen is the direction I would be looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts