AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm looking to you pros for advice.

I've just had my first home theater built and I'm now looking to purchase a projector & Screen.

My projector budget is around $3000US and my screen Budget is $800US.

I'm looking for the best this budget can afford.

The projector must work with a HDDVD player so it needs DVI. Is there any point shopping for a DLP, or is this price going to only work for an LCD?

My room is only 12 feet in length, so the bigger the pic- the better.

Also about the screen, it will be a fixed 92inch unit. Should I go for a gray screen, or does white do the trick, and what brand and type do you recommend?

Thank you very much for reading;

Cheers!:confused:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the board AV128. Nice binary sound to that name. Anyway, my budget was way lower than that so I won't offer specific advice. But let me give you this advice: Search! Some permutation of this topic has been asked many, many times. Passionate arguments have ensued. Points, counter-points. Land wars. Sea wars. You can probably learn more by doing a bunch of searches on the existing threads than a bunch of weary folks treading over the same ground again.

Click on "Search" above. Between "Glossary" and "HT Marketplace". You can then choose "Digital Projectors - Under $3500 USD MSRP" under the forum dropdown. Then, I recommend changing "Fast Search" to "Slowest Search". You will get more results. I just tried that search and looked for "best bang buck" (no quotes in search string) and got 215 topics returned. You could try "best 3k projector" or whatever. Not saying that there aren't a lot of helpful folks online right now that won't give you lots of good advice. There are and you'll get it. But if you search you'll get a year's worth of good advice.

FWIW I have a

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.