AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a sealed sub for ~ $400. Im looking for something more music oriented than HT. One consideration is the JBL 8400. I have read only a little about it as it doesnt seem very popular like the Id brands. And yes, I understand the ID thing and would probably buy the Epic Valor if I could afford it. Or, if I had the space I'd go with the csx-15 and forget the music focus and go for the rumble, wow, fun factor! Anyway, if you know of a better or alternative sealed sub in that price range I would appreciate the suggestions. Also, if you have owned or listened to the JBL 8400 please share your experience.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma1 /forum/post/12960627

I would like to buy a sealed sub for ~ $400. Im looking for something more music oriented than HT. One consideration is the JBL 8400. I have read only a little about it as it doesnt seem very popular like the Id brands. And yes, I understand the ID thing and would probably buy the Epic Valor if I could afford it. Or, if I had the space I'd go with the csx-15 and forget the music focus and go for the rumble, wow, fun factor! Anyway, if you know of a better or alternative sealed sub in that price range I would appreciate the suggestions. Also, if you have owned or listened to the JBL 8400 please share your experience.

Are you dying to get the sub??? In March Parts Express will be receiving their new Dayton HSU12 for $390.00, it looks alot like HSU VTF2-MKIII ($499.00). If you can wait, I'm sure it will be one of the best deals around. You could also go with eD A3-250, but get ready to wait 4-6 weeks to get it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio /forum/post/12962469

Are you dying to get the sub??? In March Parts Express will be receiving their new Dayton HSU12 for $390.00, it looks alot like HSU VTF2-MKIII ($499.00). If you can wait, I'm sure it will be one of the best deals around. You could also go with eD A3-250, but get ready to wait 4-6 weeks to get it.

Will the Dayton be a sealed sub? The others you mentioned I believe are ported?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
why dont you go to eD site and ask them in live chat to build you a custom made sealed sub for $400..i bet they could come up with some real nice 12" design

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
If you're looking for a sealed sub in that price range check Parts Express for their Titanic Subwoofer Kits. They come with everything you need all you have to do is put it together, if you can handle a screwdriver no problems.

As for sealed vs ported for music, in the past that was more of an issue than it is now. Todays ported subs are better designed and built and shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADOBHuK /forum/post/12963836

why dont you go to eD site and ask them in live chat to build you a custom made sealed sub for $400..i bet they could come up with some real nice 12" design

I like that idea - thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts