AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rather confused about what is supposed to be the best setting for an HD-Ready LCD display like the Olevia 327V which only has a vertical resolution of 768. Is it more sensible to set the display to default to 720p when connecting to a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD cable box? Is there any reason to leave it defaulted to 1080i? I would assume that at best I would only gain 48 lines of resolution when connected at 1080i and end up with interlacing. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jack

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been curious about the same thing. I'm going to attempt to guess that the choice depends on what you want to do the converting. If you want the cable box to convert a 1080i signal to 720p, set the cable box to 720p. If you want your t.v. to do the conversion, set the cable box to 1080i. I've tried both with my 720p t.v. and think that it looks better setting the cable box to 720p. I'd love to know a definitive answer on this subject.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.