AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Barco 1208/2. I am running it at 1024X768 @ 75hz and it is unreal!

Does anyone know what the best resolution would be for DVD playback, 4:3 format?

Thanks

Gerald

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Sounds about right. :)

I'd guess 1027x768 would be right for 4:3 on this machine.

Can you see scan lines? What's the maximum horizontal frequency this machine will take?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I run mine at 1280 x 720 @ 72Hz. I've tried 1440 x 960 and the 720p setting seems sharper for DVD material.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The max Horizontal freq is 135. I can see scan lines from 6' away. Viewing distance is 17' . It's a very sharp and crisp image.

Gerald

·
Registered
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GeraldK
The max Horizontal freq is 135. I can see scan lines from 6' away. Viewing distance is 17' . It's a very sharp and crisp image.

Gerald
How big is your screen? 17' seems like a long way away. This projector produces an image that is good enough to sit closer to.

I sit 11' from a 87" wide and everything is smooth.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

I have a 8' screen, 96" wide. I can move closer, it just leaves alot of empty space behind us. At 11' I would have 14' of empty space behind me, perfect if we added a extra row of seating, but we would never use them.

I was looking at your unistrut mount. Did you have any problems with magnetic interference using the Unistrut with the Barco? I tried using unistrut with my Sony and I could not be within 18" of the tubes with out magnetic interference. Or should I even be concerned about it?

Gerald

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Gerald, if you have as much space as you do, its worth moving seating closer, for a better image.

Yes, the unistrut would cause a magnetic field difference than if it was not present, but if you do convergence with the unistrut in place, you can easily compensate for it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have not had any problems with magnetic interfernece from the strut. My set up did not change much between on the floor and after I mounted it with the strut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.