AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the Sharp 12K. I'm looking for some "Best Results" for settings for

Color, Contrast, Brightness, Gamma, Sharp, Tint etc... I have fully a light controlled room 110" screen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have a high-gain (2.8) 108" screen, in a fully light-controlled room. Here's what I've come up with so far:

iris: med. contrast

color temp: 6500

gamma position: std.

CMS: film tone

white emphasis: on

DNR: off

DFC: off

power save (economy mode): off

contr/bright/sharp etc should be set using a Digital Video Essentials or Avia disk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
rider,

One of the best things about this projector is the incredible CR. If you have a light-controlled room (especially with a high-gain screen), you probably want to use the high-contrast iris setting. I think you will be very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by misterfan
rider,

One of the best things about this projector is the incredible CR. If you have a light-controlled room (especially with a high-gain screen), you probably want to use the high-contrast iris setting. I think you will be very pleased with the results.
I've gone back and forth on that quite a lot, and for now I think I prefer the med. setting; the difference in contrast between the med. and hi-CR setting is noticeable but rather slight, and the med. gives a slightly brighter picture.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by misterfan
rider,

Ditto for me.

I have a 108" DaLite Hi Power Screen in a completely light controlled room.

Hi Contrast

Economy ON

The picture is plenty bright.

Bomber

·
Registered
83 Posts
I guess you (rider) have a considerably bigger screen than I do, which may account for the difference in opinion. My screen is only 78" diagonal (total light control), so anyhting brighter than the high-contrast mode is almost too bright for me! I'm even using power-save.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.