AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I searched for a thread on slim articulating mounts but could not find one. I'm looking for an ultra slim articulating TV wall mount for an 85" Samsungs (121lbs). Has anyone had experience with the inexpensive monoprice mounts? I won't be using the articulation, only for service and to mount the TV in tight niches. Once the TV is mounted in place it will stay put, so I'm hoping I can use an inexpensive mount to do the job. The only reason it has to articulate is to pull it out of the very tight TV niche if I need access to the rear.

Will these mono price 12280's do the job? If not, any suggestions?

The site won't allow me to post a link or image, so you would have to search for Monoprice 12280

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't know how much that TV weighs but I have had excellent success with the Videosecu mount. It's only $34 with free prime shipping and it supports my old heavy (46lb) sony flatscreen with ease. It folds flat and was simple to install.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know how much that TV weighs but I have had excellent success with the Videosecu mount. It's only $34 with free prime shipping and it supports my old heavy (46lb) sony flatscreen with ease. It folds flat and was simple to install.
CJM, the samsung is 121lbs, 85". Only need to install in place and leave it there so I'm hoping an inexpensive mount rated for the total weight will work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah that mount I have isn't rated high enough. But I will say my experience with an inexpensive mount is positive. However if I had that heavy and expensive of a TV not to mention the safety hazard I probably wouldn't skimp on the mount. I've mounted several similar weight TV's at work using omnimounts and while they are more expensive they're good quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.