AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new here so please bare with me. I just bought a LG 55" LCD TV and i'm installing it over my fireplace and i only have 39" of wall space to deal with. The TV is about 33" tall so that leaves me with 3" on the top and bottom if i center the TV from the ceiling to the top of the mantel. I am looking into the Klipsch RF-82 speakers but i don't think i will be able to get the matching RC-62 center speaker because of limited space. I probably will be able to do a speaker 4" high by 8" deep. Are there any other decent slim center channel speakers that will match good with the rf-82s? I am also getting the Onkyo 806 receiver which should be enough to power these speakers. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
It is SO important to timbre match the front 3 speakers. I would look at other brands if you can't match them up. OR, drop the center channel completely and go with a phantom center. Many here go with this setup and it works very well. Some have said they cannot tell their is no center. You will not find a 4" tall center channel that doesn't sound like a fork on a chalkboard compared to the Klipsch you want.

I would not mix the center and fronts. It can be impossible to find something close in sound, even after Room Correction like Audyssey.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The timbre of manufactures are voiced different. If you were to use Paradigm Pro Cinema the sound from mains crossing center would sound awkward. Most newbies don't realize 60-70 percent of your sound continuity comes from the center channel, such as the dialogue and forward to rear effects will need the unison of the fronts and center. I would find the matching Klipsch or go phantom. I went phantom through the whole 90's and it wasn't bad at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts