AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 6.1 matched speaker kit, doesn't have to come with a receiver. My problem is that I live in a wooden apartment and have sort of limited space. I want this system for movies, video games, and for listening to extremely multilayered electronic music and rock, so fast response and excellent detail with beefy midrange are important. By small, I mean I want a small but beefy sub, a center that is not much more than 3 or 4 inches high, surrounds that are no more than 8 inches wide. My budget is $350 for the speakers, and I don't want plastic enclosures.

So far, the ONLY set I've found that comes close to matching these characterstics is the Yamaha NS-P436. Can I do better and still stay small?

I also don't have any way to audition high end speakers like Paradigm where I live! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't think there are any other speaker sets that fit your criteria. 6.1 speaker setups in your price range are nigh impossible to come by. The only other one I can even think of is the Onkyo SKS-HT510, and those speakers don't meet your size constraints.

Victor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.