AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best software for building subs and any other soft ware that may be good to just have for find tuneing my system overall sound quality intergration with subs into my mains.

Price is no object,just need the name and the web sites to buy it from. If theres anything else I need just point me in the right direction please. I have a lot of money invested so far and plane on going with a big screen in the future but need my audio to sound fantastic first. I hear when you get to this point audesey just doesen't cut it and manual tuneing is the best way to go. with the proper software to point you in the right direction

1-Best sub software for building subs.

2-best soft ware for fine tuneing you overall system

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what is the best mic to buy? I have one from my 876 onkyo and one from from my valydyne sub. I belive both are junk for what I'm looking for and that is a more professional style calibrated mic. Any suggestions? I'm thinking radio shack spl meter is not the best way to go if I can buy a program that will show me all the problems like room modes,ballance etc.

If I'm on the wrong track just let me no.

Thanks Scott

I'm thinking lap top with a program that will analize everthing with the mic attached to it?

·
Registered
664 Posts
You may get better results over in the DIY section. I'd try doing a search of that section.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
As far as purchased software I'm not really sure what's out there but Room EQ Wizard (REW) is great measurement software that can be downloaded for free from hometheatershack (you have to sign up to download). For designing you should go download Unibox (if you have Microsoft Excel) or WinISD (if you don't). You'll get lots of help in the DIY sub forum here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=155

You can spend a lot of money to get a great microphone. A great option at a reasonable price would be to pick up a Behringer ECM8000 with a calibration file generated for the specific mic that you've been shipped. You can order one from here (lots of HTS members have purchased from this company):

http://www.cross-spectrum.com/measur...behringer.html

This is a pro audio mic and will require some type of microphone preamp like an M-Audio Mobile Pre...

Good luck, you should start a thread in the DIY section for more help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts