Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Currently i am using DVHS tools to playback my HD material that is stored on hard drive.

I have the PC wired to the JVC 30k via fire wire and can go into dvhs tools create a queue, hit record and it sends the info out and the JVC does the conversion so i can watch the material without worrying about video cards, filters etc which is great.

However i wondered if anyone knew a better way to pick the files up and start them playing, i.e., just autostart a file. Some of the stands at Cedia had some amazing front ends with great graphics, does anyone know of anything like this??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
654 Posts

Originally posted by Elliot

Hi all

Currently i am using DVHS tools to playback my HD material that is stored on hard drive.

I use a MyHD card in my PC to send component viceo to my RCA 38" HDTV in the living room. The My HD card can be setup for either YPbPr or RGBHV. The RCA requires YPbPr so I set it for that.

In a second PC I have an ATI Radeon 9700 PRO display card with an HDTV dongle on the DVI output connector. The display properties can be set up so that the HDTV dongle delivers YPbPr component video at 1920 X 1080i directly to the RCA HDTV in the living room. This setup also allows me to see the Windows desktop in the 38-inch RCA HDTV set. I use wireless keaboard and mouse in the living room to control the PC in the den. I am quite happy with these setups.

In both cases, the audio is sent to an AV audio receiver in the living room via a coaxial S/PDIF connection.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just fixed the playback problem. Be sure to open up the options dialog and uncheck the DXVA mode box if appropriate according to your video card. After unchecking this box, it works very well--substantually better than the Elecard player. I find no stuttering with this player and fewer mpeg artifacts.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What about playing back the raw hdtv stream as the Zenith 230 records it like that to its hd?

I heard its OS is linux.

I was told hdtvtompeg2_v110 would convert the stream so it could be burned to a dvd without much loss at all, except its obviously down rezzed to dvd resolution from hdtv. I have seen this recordings in peoples houses though and they looked very, very nice.

I am curious about to get the files off the hd and this sasem tool?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I played with HDTVtompeg2 a long time ago. I found that the 1.09 version was the one that worked the best for me.

From what I remember it does not "down rez" the HD video signal. It just converts an ATSC transport stream into an MPEG2 file. An hour of MPEG2 HD would still be about 8 - 9 gigs so you cannot burn it onto one DVD (its too large).

There are programs that can take the MPEG2 file and "down rez" the video so that you can burn it onto a DVD but of course the compression is "lossy".

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i dont mind turning a dvd over or recording it on 2 discs , some movies ship that way anyway so no biggie.

It would be an extemely cheap solution for archiving tv episodes, at the cost 50 cents to a buck a disc and take up MUCH less space than DVHS tapes. You can stack 100 discs on a spindle and take up no more space than the surface area of the dics on its side, thats great.

I really don't feel like storing tapes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dainz
Try sasem HD editor 1.07.

I think the Best HD Playing tools ever seen.

sasem.co.kr/english/news/news_read.html?board=eng_news&ref=32&step=1
I haven't heard of this one before. Does this software require one of Sasem's OnAir DTV tuner cards or does it work as a stand alone player/editor?

Best regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do like HD Editor 1.07--it is the best standalone player/editor I have tried. I works standalone but after an iniial trial period, it will only work when one of their tuner cards is installed in your computer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys thanks for your help.

I have looked at all of the links you have sent posted. However it strikes me that all these solutions convert the .TS files so your PC's can ouput the video from their cards.

This is not what i want to do, all i want is a nice front end that will list my movies and allow me to start them streaming (pause would also be nice), without having to do it the long winded way through DVHS tools. The file would then just stream out on firewire as DVHS Tools does.

Am i asking for something that does not exist??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.